Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Poetry Celebration

My students did a Poetry unit right before Spring Break. We wrote a variety of poems including: Acrostic, Cinquain, Concrete, Color poem, What Bugs Me poem, I Wish poem, and What if I Were a...poem. My students worked really hard writing their poems, typing some of them on Microsoft Word Keys, and illustrating their poems. I bound their decorated Poetry Collection cover and all of their poems into individual books for them.

To help celebrate their accomplishments, we had a Poetry Celebration! I arranged the desks into a horseshoe, and put a stool with two flame-less candles in the front of the room. During the celebration, we turned down the lights, drank tea, ate fancy cookies, and snapped our fingers when students finished sharing their favorite poem. I filmed each of the students with my Flip Video camera and included the video on their end-of-the-year DVD. The students had so much fun celebrating their accomplishments!


No comments:

Post a Comment